Friday, September 22, 2017

The opposite of oppressed

The opposite of oppressed

Never been a jazz man
Too much mayonnaise in my bones
Mistakes I make reside inside
My wealthy micro-biome.
Even if there's sabotage
The trash can gets picked up
When I reach the finish line
Applause machines erupt.

I’ve never been invisible.
I’ve always felt their eyes.
The constant drip of possible
Is what my truth implies.
If we all hallucinate
Our own reality,
Imagination is my form
Of strict sobriety.

No, I’ve never been a jazz man
And I’ve yet to be arrested.
Even all my worst ideas
Go somehow uncontested.
I land on all four feet
When hurled from any building.
In fact I bounce back quickly
For my god is willing.

I’ve never lynched a whistler
But I’ve ate with some who would
Sat silent as a sniper
As they thought I understood.
I breathe the air of plenty
When I fall asleep at night.
The wind has never broken up
 My inexpensive kite.

Nope, never been a jazz man
Nor ever shall I be
Any but a television kind
Of mostly free.
I improvise the universe
And curse it with success
Undoubtedly I’ll fail one day
And proudly win with less.

No comments: